Photographic & Film Location
Bridwell is an inspired location for film, television and photographic shoots.
Easy access by road, rail and air
The beauty, tranquillity and timelessness of the estate belie its situation less than 1 mile from Junction 27 of the M5 corridor. Bridwell is just 2 miles from the mainline railway station at Tiverton Parkway. Exeter Airport, with direct flights from London City Airport in just over an hour, is a 20-minute drive away. Bridwell also has its own helipad.
A classic Regency-style architectural gem
The 18th century house presents a beautiful symmetrical, early Regency style exterior, and retains a carriage circle in front of the principal, south facing entrance doors.
The fine proportions of the exterior are complemented by elegant interiors offering spacious, generously appointed rooms. Of particular note is the elliptical entrance hall, ornate ceilings and plasterworks, and a broad sweeping staircase lit at a half landing by a graceful Venetian window.
120 acres of 18th century landscaped parkland
The house sits in the centre of its 100 acre estate, comprising a listed late 18th century landscaped park, deer park, woodland, Chapel and Orangery. A large ornamental lake has views from the south-facing front aspect of the house.
Bridwell offers comprehensive facilities for film makers
- Fast, efficient motorway access
- Easy reach of major transport hubs
- Helicopter landing pad
- Two formal drives from separate gated entrances
- Extensive hard standing with vehicular access
- Grade II* listed Gothic-style Chapel
- Plentiful car parking
- No obtrusive modern signage, aerials or wiring
- Secure grounds
- CCTV surveillance system
- Ornamental lake
- 100 acres parkland (including deer park)
- Uninterrupted views over the Culm Valley and Haldon Hills beyond
- Accommodation for 40-46 people within the house and old stables
- Luxurious, fully serviced tented accommodation available by arrangement within the park
- Production office
- Wifi connectivity
- Mains and private water
- Mains gas
- 3-phase electricity
- Convenience facilities throughout the site
Please feel free to contact us for further, detailed information and photographs on request.